What you’ll need:
- A tray that is a least 1” in height.
- A tray of fresh or faux (that’s what I used) wheat grass.
- Oasis – if using faux wheat grass
- Daisy poms
Step x Step:
- I bought a wooden storage box at Michael’s Crafts that was the perfect size for my centerpiece and used just the top. To honor the golden Emmy statue I spray painted it gold. After the party I can use the storage box for another project and just repaint it.
- Because the tray is made from wood and not waterproof I lined it with a plastic garbage bag that I cut to size.
- Using one brick of floral foam I cut three ½” think pieces and still had left over oasis!
- Thoroughly soak the pieces of oasis and line the tray.
- I found terrific artificial wheat grass in the flower market on 28th St. in NYC and bought 4 pieces @ $10 each. I love the real wheat grass and it is inexpensive (about $12-15 for a xx by xx tray). I use it for a lot of different projects and thought it would be easier to have the artificial on hand to work with. If you are using the real stuff you don’t need the floral foam – just cut to size and place directly into the tray.
- Cut individual flowers from a stem of daisy poms, on an angle, and insert thru the blades of grass and into the foam. If you are using real wheat grass insert the daisy directly into the soil.